As part of ISMPO’s efforts to support the development of oncology professionals, the ISMPO-Women for oncology Committee aims to raise awareness and promote equal access to career-development opportunities for female oncologists while providing a platform for networking with other professionals and national groups.
In particular, the Committee:
• Encourages balanced gender representation across all ISMPO activities
• Gathers data, generates and disseminates information on the representation of women in the oncology workforce
• Develops special sessions at ISMPO meetings
• Supports the career development of female oncologists by providing educational and mentorship programmes
• Nurtures the development of a network of female oncologists
• Inspires and is a “hub” for the creation of regional Women for Oncology groups within the country and collaborate with similar groups in other countries
The Committee member, will be expected to:
• bring your ideas, experience and enthusiasm to the cause
• attend the Committee meetings (in person and over the phone)
• actively participate in and publicise the W4O-I activities
• be committed to generating awareness and promoting equal career opportunities for female oncologists
Members of the Committee are required to be an ISMPO member and abide by the ISMPO Organizational regulations.
The oncology professionals/scientists/students who are interested to support the cause can be members and issued a separate W4O-I- ID.